Submitted by admin on Tue, 11/10/2011 - 14:20.
Tips from www.e-how.com on Buying Suits
- You should try on a variety of suit jackets, so you understand the different styles and fits. Jackets can be single or double breasted. The double-breasted suit will always be in style, suggests Overstock; however, you should avoid this suit if you have a smaller frame because it would tend to overwhelm you or if you are heavyset because it would make you look wider. Once you narrow your jacket selection then you can decide on pants.
- Try on the jackets and rank them according to their fit, fabric and style. Jackets, which can be tailored to your measurements, will fit differently as you try on the different brands and fabrics. Christmas time is cooler than most months; therefore, you may want a heavier fabric such as wool. Other fabric options to consider are a blend of polyester or rayon and cotton. Cotton, according to "Men's Health," is for warmer months.
- Look for details that will suit your style within the jacket. The interior lining will accommodate any personal belongings such as your wallet or a small gift to hand out. Place a mock wallet or gift into the pocket to ensure it does not create a bulge outside of the jacket. Pricier jackets may have more breathing room in the chest area, so you can accommodate more interior items without the added bulk.
- Make sure the pants fit well in the waist and through the hips and thighs. Hire a tailor or use the in-store tailor to measure and hem the jacket sleeves and pant legs for you. The jacket sleeves will need to hit right on your wrist. The pants will hit just at your shoe, and you can request a straight-leg style or a cuff style for the bottom.
- When buying a men's suit, make sure the color of the suit will go with the color of the shirt and tie, find a suit that enhances the angles of the man's face, beware of the fit of the suit on the shoulders, and decide whether to cuff the pants. Find a suit that has a vent in the back with tips from an image consultant and etiquette specialist